Dear Care Giver Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our staff. We provide homemaking and personal care services to seniors in their homes.
We strongly prefer applicants who have:
- Be 18 or older, and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Completed nurse assistant certification training, or
- Two years of paid, recent, verifiable care giving experience with care of seniors.
- Have California drivers license and good driving record
- A reliable personal car for transportation to clients' homes
- Communicate easily with written and spoken English
- Be able to lift 40 lbs with both hands from your waist to your chest.
- Have no criminal convictions in the past 10 years.
- Pass a drug screening for common street drugs including marijuana
Provide all the information requested on the application form (see link below) and that it is accurate. Include all of your work experience for the past five years. Attach a resume if you like. We need this information to qualify you for State Registration which includes employment and criminal background checks,
Most assignments are two to six hours in length, in Lompoc or Santa Maria, between the hours of 8 A.M. and 6 P.M.. Most staff receive two or three assignments a day, five or six days per week. Some assignments are 12 hours, between 8 A.M. and 8 P.M., during the day, or overnight. You may decline overnight assignments.
- Our base pay is $11.00 per hour. Short assignments are paid $13.50/hr. Fifty cents is added for Saturday and Sunday assignments. Overtime is paid during seven holidays and after 6 PM for short assignments.
- Overtime is paid after 9 hours in one workday and/or 40 regular hours in one workweek.
- On your visit to every client new to you, your supervisor will introduce you to the client and instruct you about the services to provide the client.
- Approximately 15 days of paid time off (vacation, sick days) accrue annually for full time care givers.
- Cel phone allowance of $24/mo.
- Travel reimbursement between assignments
- Split shift premium as required by the State of California
- Comprehensive health dental insurance insurance is available for full time care givers and their dependents. At Home Services pays 70% of the premium.
- We pay the State's Home Aide Registration fee.
- We provide six hours of training annually, towards the state's 5 hour requirement..
- You receive uniforms and service kits with safety supplies.
- All care givers receive monthly evaluations, Those achieving four or five of the five standards receive a $50 Legendary Care Giver Award, - usually 2/3 of our care givers.
- A link to your staff member application is below. Please ignore “Submit” button. Instead you may:
Complete the two page form on line, save it to your computer, then e-mail it to us at:
email@example.com , or,
complete the form on line, print it out, then fax, send it postal mail for bring it to either of our offices:
Addresses: 514 No. H Street, Lompoc, 93436, or 1111 So Broadway, Santa Maria, CA 93454 I am looking forward to hearing from you. After I have received your application, I will contact you about an interview.