Dear Care Giver Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our staff. We provide homemaking and personal care services to seniors in their homes.
We strongly prefer applicants who have:
- Be 18 or older, and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Completed nurse assistant certification training, or
- Two years of paid, recent, verifiable care giving experience with caring for seniors.
- Have California drivers license and good driving record.
- A reliable, personal car for transportation to clients' homes.
- Communicate easily with written and spoken English.
- Be able to lift 40 lbs with both hands from your waist to your chest.
- Have no criminal convictions in the past 10 years.
- Pass a drug screening for common street drugs including marijuana.
Provide all the information requested on the application form (see link below) and that it is accurate. Include all of your work experience for the past five years. Attach a resume if you like. We need this information to qualify you for State Registration which includes employment and criminal background checks,
Most assignments are two to six hours in length, in Lompoc or Santa Maria, between the hours of 8 A.M. and 6 P.M. Most staff receive two or three assignments a day, five or six days per week. Some assignments are 12 hours, between 8 A.M. and 8 P.M., during the day, or overnight. You may decline overnight assignments.
- Our base pay is $12.50 per hour. Short assignments are paid $13.50/hr. For Saturday evening and Sunday assignments and additional $.50/hr is paid. A $6.50/hr. premium is seven holidays and after 6 PM for short assignments.
- Overtime is paid after 9 hours in one workday and/or 40 regular hours in a workweek.
- On your first visit to a client new to you, your supervisor introduces you to the client and instructs you about the services to provide the client.
- Approximately seven days of paid time off (vacation, sick days) accrue annually for full time care givers.
- Cel phone allowance of $24/mo.
- Travel time and mileage paid between assignments.
- Split shift premium as required by the State of California.
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance is available for full time care givers and their dependents. At Home Services pays 70% of the premium.
- We provide six hours of training annually, towards the state's five hour requirement..
- You receive uniforms and a service kit with safety supplies.
- All care givers receive monthly evaluations, Those achieving four or five of the five standards receive a $50 Legendary Care Giver Award, - about 70% of our care givers, each month.
The link to our staff member application is below. Please ignore “Submit” button. Instead:
Complete the two-page form on line, save it to your computer, then e-mail it to us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org , or,
Complete the form on line, print it out, then fax, send it postal mail, or bring it to either of our offices:
Fax: 805 736-8258 Addresses: 514 No. H Street, Lompoc, 93436, or
1111 So Broadway, Ste 111, Santa Maria, CA 93454
I look forward to hearing from you. I will contact you about an interview.